Curious Wise Women Fall 2022
An online, 4 week journey into
What's "GUT" Got to Do with It?
Weight Issues, Brain Health & Stress Management
through Mindful Eating & Meditation
Sept 18 - Oct 20
Curious Wise Women is your personal reset button.
In the company of other kick-ass women.
Let’s focus for 4 weeks on integrating knowledge and understanding into powerful self-care practices and better gut health!
- We have trillions of microorganisms that make up our gut microbiome. These gut microbes predispose us to or protect us from many health challenges like weight/bloating issues, managing daily stress, and keeping our brains healthy as we age.
- Learn how you can influence the diversity and health of your gut microbes through what you eat (and don’t eat). It is really quite easy to do!
- We all have daily stressors and how we process stress mentally, emotionally, and physically varies. Unresolved stress has a negative impact on the quality of our gut microbiome and meditation positively affects our gut microbiome by targeting and reducing stress. We will practice daily meditation and you get to choose the amount of time between 10-30 minutes/day.
- We will endeavor to laugh a LOT and you will likely come out of this with several new friends for life. Our shared journey serves to cultivate self-love that has clarity, grit, intention, compassion, humor, and drive.
Is Curious Wise Women for You?
- If you want to study the newest science on ways to improve the quality and increase the diversity of your gut microbiome, this is for you.
- If you’d like to eat foods that create a stronger immune system, support steady energy, great digestion, and a calmer nervous system, this is definitely for you! The 12-day Ayurveda cleanse is a game-changer. And the new “I Don’t Do Cleanses” Food Reboot is tailored to those wanting to clean up their diet, get rid of food cravings/lose a little weight, and enjoy lots of new healthy recipes without the commitment to a full cleanse.
- If you are interested in how all the breath work you’ve done in yoga meshes with the newest scientific research on breathing for optimal health, yep, you! (You’re going to learn a LOT here!)
- If you are someone who wants to meditate regularly but life gets in your way, this is definitely for you!
And if you want to enrich your world through cultivating fun, rewarding relationships with other great women, this journey has you written all over it
The 4-week journey runs from Sept 18 - Oct 20
Here’s what it includes!
- 3 Group “Deep Dive” Classes on Gut Health & Nutrition: (90 minutes each)
- 1 Meditation Workshop with Dr. Bill Mahony (2 hours)
- 12-Day Ayurveda Spring Cleanse OR
- 12-Day “I Don’t Do Cleanses” Food Reboot
- 5 Free weekly Nervous System Reset Classes that focus on Breath Work, Gentle Movement, and Meditation
- Private Facebook Page for sharing.
(All classes are recorded and available through November.)
Class Dates, Times, and Descriptions
3 Deep Dive Classes (Group sessions) on Gut Health & Nutrition: (90 minutes each) Each class comes with a template for note taking and summary points to expand your knowledge, support new daily routines and food choices for better gut health. The deep dives include additional weekly prompts for reflection, check ins and sharing of your journey and your wisdom.
(Sundays from 7:00-8:30pm EST; 9/18, 9/25, 10/16)
All classes are recorded and available through November.
1 Meditation Workshop with Dr. Bill Mahony: (2 hours) Whether you are beginning, returning to, or sustaining your meditation practice, time spent with Bill always offers us the experience of softening, receiving, and making deeper connections with the richness of our inner life.
Sunday 10/2 (time TBD).
This workshop will be recorded and available for 1 week.
5 Free Weekly Nervous System Reset Breath/Yoga/Meditation classes. We focus on breathing techniques that activate your calm nervous system and movements that are grounding and support body awareness on all levels. The last 10 minutes of class are spent in meditation.
Wednesdays 8:00-9:00am beginning 9/21
All classes will be recorded and available through November.
TWO OPTIONS FOR A CLEANSE
12-Day “I Don’t Do Cleanses” Food Reboot
Sept 25 – Oct 6
Eat a delicious variety of vegetables and beans/legumes along with the following in moderation: raw or dry-roasted nuts, seeds, some fruits, eggs, a few whole grains, small amounts of healthy oils, and a minimal amount of decaf coffee. During the 12 days, we eliminate dairy, wheat, gluten, sweeteners/added sugar, meat, alcohol, most grains, carbonated beverages, and highly processed foods. Enjoy lots of new recipes while you eliminate food cravings, feel lighter in your body, and experience steady energy through the day. Practice self-care routines that help you reconnect with your body.
12-Day Ayurveda Fall Cleanse:
A gentle, nourishing, food-based cleanse to reset your digestion, reconnect with your body, bolster your immune system, and experience steady energy throughout the day. You will learn so much about using foods as medicine and excellent self-care rituals! This cleanse is designed to pull fat soluble toxins from your tissues and eliminate them. All while setting your body up to easily burn fat.
Curious Wise Women Private Facebook Group
Curious Wise Women connecting with and supporting each other throughout the program.
Each week at-a-glance
SEPT 18-24 (All times are EST)
Sunday, Sept 18 – 7:00-8:30pm Deep Dive Class #1 Gut Health & Nutrition
Wednesday, Sept 21 – 8:00-8:00am – Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
Sept 25- Oct 1
Sunday, Sept 25 – 7:00-8:30pm Deep Dive Class #2 Gut Health & Nutrition
Sunday, Sept 25 The Food Reboot begins (9/25-10/6)
Wednesday, 9/28 – 8:00-9:00am – Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
Sunday, Oct 2 – Meditation Workshop with Dr. Bill Mahony (time TBD)
Wednesday 10/5 – 8:00-9:00am Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
Sunday, Oct 9 – 12-Day Ayurveda Spring Cleanse begins (Oct 9-20)
Wednesday, Oct 12 – 8:00-9:00am – Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
Sunday, 10/16 – 7:00-8:30p Deep Dive #3 Gut Health & Nutrition
Bonus Wednesday Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
Wednesday, 10/19 – 8:00-9:00am – Breath Work, Basic Yoga, Meditation
YOU DESERVE THIS!
Remember, we grow more when we learn and practice in community.
I hope you will join me!