Individual or Small Group Sessions
Sometimes it’s just nice to have 1-on-1 attention and other times it’s really necessary!
Sessions are 1 hour.
Who benefits most from individual and small group sessions?
- Getting started in Yoga or specific questions you have about yoga.
- Yoga Therapeutics – recovering from injury or working with old patterns in the body
- Skills & Drills (breaking down poses and building a practice)
- Alignment in Specific poses (Standing poses, Backbends, Twists, Forward Folds, Arm Balances, Inversions)
- Stress Relief and Management
- Beginners Guide to Mindfulness and Meditation
In 1988, with a baby and a toddler at home, Kelley took her very first yoga class. With both pregnancies she was completely bedridden from 12 weeks on. That has given her great compassion for people who want to build strength and improve their energy but feel tired and not sure where to start. Her first yoga class was similar to her first experience giving birth. It was difficult, surreal, exhilarating and natural (often simultaneously). And good breathing was critical.There was something so hopeful and healing about that first yoga class and Kelley knew, in that moment, yoga would be an important part of the rest of her life.
Now after almost 30 years of study and teaching, Kelley continues to meet yoga exactly where she is every day. From solid ground to expanded consciousness, yoga is the path of returning to Love. Yoga is the rich fertile soil that takes in nourishment and strengthens her roots. It is water, so fluid and strong that it continually carves new paths of learning. Yoga is fire that burns off what is no longer necessary and illuminates the inner landscape for new exploration. And yoga is the air and space that gives life and boundless opportunities to grow. In the mid-90’s, she was Kripalu Yoga certified and was a certified Anusara Yoga teacher from 2004-2013. A dedicated student of yoga philosophy and meditation, Kelley studies with world renowned scholars, Professors Bill Mahony, Paul Muller-Ortega, and Douglas Brooks. She co-owns Rasika Yoga School with her long-time colleagues and friends Stacey Millner-Collins and Sarah Faircloth. She loves being a yoga student any time the opportunity presents.
Kelley is the founder of The Bindu Yoga studio in Cornelius, NC. She has taught over 10,000 group yoga classes since 1989 and has worked individually with hundreds of students recovering from injury, illness, or simply interested in getting started in yoga with a good foundation. Kelley leads workshops and retreats locally, nationally, and internationally.
Weekly Yoga Classes
- Sundays 9:00-10:00am – Align & Stretch –Mixed Levels. Simple, clear instructions wrapped in powerful themes that calm your busy mind and set a nice tone for your week. Advanced Beginners to adept yogis welcome
- Mondays 5:30-6:30pm- Core, Shoulders and Hips. One hour of opening your hips and shoulders while building core strength and resilience. Bring your desire to grow your yoga practice. A smile and a bit of sassiness seem totally appropriate here.
- Wednesdays 7:30-7:30am- The New Science of Breathing, Basic Yoga, Guided Meditation. Retrain your brain and body to breathe in ways that keep your nervous system calm while enjoying healthy, functional movement and a guided meditation. Don’t be surprised if you leave this class feeling like you’ve just been introduced to your superpower! For all levels.
- Thursdays 9:99-10:00am – Align & Stretch. A weekly favorite for many, enjoy slow, smart stretching layered with yoga philosophy that makes ancient teachings relevant to this post-pandemic life. This group is fabulous, fun, and welcoming!